Time For Homemade Pumpkin Spice Hand Lotion
Here's a simple recipe for making homemade pumpkin spice hand lotion:
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of almond oil
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil (optional)
- 10 drops of nutmeg essential oil (optional)
- Small airtight container
- Combine the coconut oil, shea butter, and almond oil in a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Heat until the ingredients are melted and fully combined.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and essential oils, if using, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, the lotion will be solid and will need to be whipped until smooth and creamy. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer for this step.
- Transfer the whipped lotion to the small container and close the lid tightly. Store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
This pumpkin spice hand lotion is moisturizing and nourishing for your skin, and the spicy scent of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon is perfect for the fall and winter months. Enjoy!