Seven Steps To Achieving Your Goals
The arrival of spring gives us the opportunity to question ourselves and rethink personal goals. We have the possibility to evaluate which of our goals we have managed to achieve and which ones continue to cost us work, either because we lose motivation or because we simply do not know how to start.
- Make a detailed list of the goals you want to achieve
Remember to set goals for each area of your life. Most people never do or define them very vaguely and imprecisely. Clarity is essential. You have to be clear and precise.
- Set a deadline
After making a list of your goals, you have to classify them into goals for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 years.
- Identify the purpose
Why do you want it? What will it bring you? Remember, reasons always come first. Your goals can not only change your life but also those around you and even the world, so be brave when setting your goals.
- Break each goal down into tasks to be done
This is the CRUCIAL part of the whole process and the one that differentiates those who achieve goals from those who don't. Think about the activities you have to complete to succeed each goal? Setting your goals without deciding the path or stages will take you to reach them is the same as watching dream.
- Take action immediately
Start now! You need to take action on your goals or plans and stop procrastinating. ACT!
- Daily action
The discipline of doing something every day that puts you on the path to your goals allows you to build and maintain momentum. Daily ACTION increases your determination and motivates you. This daily action will increase your progress and can change your life.
- Think about your goals daily and track progress periodically (with someone if possible)
For many people, it helps a lot to have someone to share their progress with who keeps them going. Being accountable to others about your progress, even if it is of your own volition, is extremely helpful.
Big goals usually take more than a year to achieve. Don't despair if you don't get what you want by the deadline, take a moment to make adjustments, correct what isn't giving you the desired results, and keep working on it. Consistency will be essential to achieve your goals.
Setting goals can not only help you reorganize your life and make it more meaningful, it also affects your happiness levels. Biologically we are designed to feel happier if we have control over our actions and decisions in life. So why not start setting goals right now?
How to set goals?
A useful tool for setting goals is the SMART technique.
SMART is an acronym for the word that means intelligent. A good way to synthesize the five essential aspects that we need to remember to formulate a goal and put it into action.
- SPECIFIC: Be as specific as you can with the goals you want to achieve. Visualizing yourself in your goal will help you know exactly what you want to achieve.
- MEASURABLE: Make sure to measure your progress to see real results and be able to make adjustments if necessary.
- ACHIEVABLE: Make sure you have the time, money, and resources to meet your goals. That your goal is perfectly achievable at this moment in your life and with the resources you have, if not, you can establish it as a medium or long-term goal.
- RELEVANT: Make sure your objective is relevant and focuses on the direction you want your business to go; for example, increased profits, employment of more staff, increased brand awareness.
- TIMELY: The time allotted to a goal can make it unworkable. Provide a proper time to reach your goal.